Professional Leather Handled Bill Hook with Metal Pommel
€26.02 (ex VAT)
The billhook is a traditional cutting tool used widely in agriculture and forestry for cutting smaller woody material such as saplings, and small branches, for hedging and for snedding(stripping the side shoots from a branch). The use of a billhook is between that of a knife and an axe. It features a leather handle for a comfortable grip as well as a metal pommel for added security to protect your hand when cutting through dense vegetation.
Billhooks are currently in common use by thatchers, coppicers, hurdle makers, charcoal burners and often by other traditional craftsmen, farmers and woodsmen. It is the primary tool for hedge-layers. It is also very common in the wine-growing countries of Europe.
– Leather Handle.
– Overall length: 17″ (435mm) Approx.
– 300mm curved blade.
– Leather grip for added comfort.
– Metal pommel attached at base to protect your hand.
– Blackened finish on blade for corrosion resistance.
– Razor sharp blade can be re-sharpened.
– For cutting branches and shrubbery.
– Left or right hand use.